As a Chartered Consultancy practice, MTP Consult offers a unique added value service, with a specific emphasis on supporting land acquisition, identifying cost and value adding opportunities, setting target build costs, due diligence, post acquisition support to obtain planning changes, preparing tender documents and securing a Main Contractor within the agreed budget.
With our team of Main Contractor background specialists we are ideally placed to recommend the most appropriate procurement route that will both benefit the Client and attract interest from the market place. In addition we understand what a good set of Employers Requirements looks like to ensure that Main Contractors can price the scheme with reduced allowances for risk and contingencies.
Our scope of services is project specific and we will develop a team with the required experience to deliver the project to achieve the Clients aspirations.
Stage 1-Initial Viability Review
Stage 2-Pre exchange of contracts due diligence
Stage 3-Post acquisition
Following the acquisition of the site the scope of services is developed to support the Client in securing a Construction partner within the project budget.
A key focus is the development of a more comprehensive risk register, with mitigating solutions and design information that will support the procurement of a Main Contractor in line with project budget.
A fundamental differentiator is our approach to managing risk and how liability is transferred to the Main Contractor in a mutually acceptable and cost-efficient manner.
Scope of Services for the Pre-Contract stage,
· Advising on procurement options and the method of tendering.
· Supporting the selection of contractors, arranging for pre-qualification/interviews as required.
· Draft and prepare the Employer’s Requirements and supplementary information, taking full cognisance of the Client's standard suite of documents.
· Facilitate the appointment of specialist consultants to provide identified technical information to supplement the Employer's Requirements.
· Update the pre-acquisition cost plan in line with the Employer's Requirements to ensure the project budget is still achievable prior to the commencement of the procurement process.
· Facilitate the tender process, act as single point of contact on behalf of the Client. On receipt of tenders, examine, and prepare an initial report with an evaluation of the proposed offers.
· Make recommendations to the Client in regards the Contractor's Proposals and advise where these differ from the Employer’s Requirements with a considered recommendation.
· Prepare a final report with a recommendation for the Client's consideration and approval.
· Negotiate with the selected Contractor during the post tender submission period, aligning the Employer's Requirements as required with any agreed changes and project timetable.
MTP will provide a Senior Level resource to support the Clients Development team, providing dynamic leadership in this critical period following land acquisition through to the appointment of the Main Contractor.
The key responsibilities will include influencing/supporting the appointment of the Planning/Design team, risk mitigation and adding value by influencing buildability/product selection.
A summary of our proposed scope of is as follows,
This scope of service has been specifically tailored for Clients that have secured sites with unviable consents, unforeseen abnormal costs and a new perspective is required to unlock the project.
At MTP we have extensive experience of converting projects for Tier 1 Main Contractors, utilising this knowledge we will carry out a comprehensive audit to unlock the scheme, namely;
Copyright © 2018 MTP Group - All Rights Reserved.